Who we are
We are an Alliance of California Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender Artists and Arts Organizations. We include all artists, arts organizations and individuals who support our mission as part of our alliance.
What we do
- The California LGBT Arts Alliance organizes statewide touring exhibitions and performances that will strengthen the members’ artistic programs.
- The Alliance conducts technical assistance workshops that enhance our members’ capacity to pursue government and foundation grants.
- The Alliance publishes a regular E-mail newsletter that improves statewide communication and collaboration.
- The Alliance works closely with the California Arts Council (CAC) and with other statewide infrastructure networks to disseminate information about funding issues, artistic opportunities and meetings to LGBT artists and organizations throughout the state.
- The mission of The California LGBT Arts Alliance is to promote artistic and financial partnerships that strengthen and deepen the cooperative relationship among Californians LGBT non-profit arts organizations and individual artists.
How the site works
- Read our monthly E-NewsLetter
- Find links to all of the member organizations in our alliance.
- Find links to California LGBT artists and arts organizations.
- Read our current Newsletter or access an archive of previous newsletters.
- Get information about current arts funding for individual artists and arts organizations.
- Join Our Email List today!
- If you are a California LGBT artist/arts organization and would like to be listed on our site as a member AND/OR just receive our newsletter, please sign up on the JOIN page.
Become an Member Organization.
When your LGBT arts organization becomes a member, your organization will be featured on our website with its own page.
Your events and projects will be featured on our website and on our Facebook page.
Your organization will be invited to participate in educational programs that will teach grant writing skills, website development, audience development, and other programs that will strengthen your organizations capacity for growth.
Your organization will be invited to participate in the planning of statewide touring programs and exhibitions.
At the El Fuego Dentro Alliance Meeting: (L-R) David Frantz, Curator at ONE National Gay & Lesbian Archives, Glenne McElhinney, Director of Impact Stories, Queen Victoria Ortega Transgender Activist, Dante Alencastre, Director/Producer of El Fuego Dentro, C. Jerome Woods, Director of The Black LGBT Project, Greg Day, Director of the California LGBT Arts Alliance. El Fuego Dentro: film screening, Q …
Alliance members tour the Getty Center’s In Focus: Robert Mapplethorpe exhibit The California LGBT Arts Alliance toured the In Focus: Robert Mapplethorpe exhibit at the Getty Center on January 9th. Getty exhibition curator Paul Martineau led the tour with an engaging presentation about Robert Mapplethorpe’s history and process as an artist. After the tour Alliance members and friends attended the …
Alliance Southern California Pride Events June 2013: Sunday June 2nd, Noon – 8 p.m. Install WeHo Sponsored by the California LGBT Arts Alliance Location: El Tovar Lot, next to the Shepard Fairey Elephant mural 626 N. Robertson Boulevard, West Hollywood. Free with suggested donation of $20 Free validated parking for this event is available on site in the five-story parking …