Who we are
We are an Alliance of California Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender Artists and Arts Organizations. We include all artists, arts organizations and individuals who support our mission as part of our alliance.
What we do
- The California LGBT Arts Alliance organizes statewide touring exhibitions and performances that will strengthen the members’ artistic programs.
- The Alliance conducts technical assistance workshops that enhance our members’ capacity to pursue government and foundation grants.
- The Alliance publishes a regular E-mail newsletter that improves statewide communication and collaboration.
- The Alliance works closely with the California Arts Council (CAC) and with other statewide infrastructure networks to disseminate information about funding issues, artistic opportunities and meetings to LGBT artists and organizations throughout the state.
- The mission of The California LGBT Arts Alliance is to promote artistic and financial partnerships that strengthen and deepen the cooperative relationship among Californians LGBT non-profit arts organizations and individual artists.
How the site works
- Read our monthly E-NewsLetter
- Find links to all of the member organizations in our alliance.
- Find links to California LGBT artists and arts organizations.
- Read our current Newsletter or access an archive of previous newsletters.
- Get information about current arts funding for individual artists and arts organizations.
- Join Our Email List today!
- If you are a California LGBT artist/arts organization and would like to be listed on our site as a member AND/OR just receive our newsletter, please sign up on the JOIN page.
Become an Member Organization.
When your LGBT arts organization becomes a member, your organization will be featured on our website with its own page.
Your events and projects will be featured on our website and on our Facebook page.
Your organization will be invited to participate in educational programs that will teach grant writing skills, website development, audience development, and other programs that will strengthen your organizations capacity for growth.
Your organization will be invited to participate in the planning of statewide touring programs and exhibitions.
West Hollywood One City One Pride Arts Festival, June 20 & 30, 2014 REACH LA: The Ovahness Archives Directed by Choreographer Sean/Milan Friday, June 20, 2014 6:00 – 9:00 PM West Hollywood Park Auditorium 647 N. San Vicente Blvd. West Hollywood, California, 90069 An interactive tour of the “Ovahness Archives” will take guests on a behind the scenes virtual tour …
The Last Bastion: A Conversation on Feminist and Queer Museum Politics Featuring: Dr. Amelia Jones and Dr. Jonathan D. Katz – two of the world’s leading Queer art historians. Monday, June 30 6:30 – 9:30 PM West Hollywood Council Chambers 627 N. San Vicente Blvd. West Hollywood, CA 90069 Speakers will examine how museum curators continue to ignore and underrepresent …